Digital Marketing is focused on providing your visitors with meaningful, relevant, and good quality content to attract the right audience and keep them.
The days of “Me, me, me” are over.
Your website, in fact all of your online marketing, should provide useful, interesting content that appeals to your target audience. What you do is interesting or they wouldn’t be seeking you out. Make sure the content on your site provides them with the info they need and is well presented.
Where do I start?
Get a clear idea of:
- What you are about – your goals / why you exist
- Who your audience is – what their needs are
An understanding of what your business aims and the needs of your target audience will help form the basis for the type of content you put out.
Who is your target audience?
- Is there more than one type?
- How old are they?
- Are they local or further afield?
- What do they do for a living?
- What challenges them?
- What can you provide that will ease that challenge?
- What information would be interesting or useful to them?
Your website is the key
- You’ll want to build your online authority – which takes a bit of time.
- You don’t want to rely completely on Social Media networks as you’d be building-on-borrowed-land.
Instead, start to build up useful content on your site that informs, educates or entertains your visitors.
Any content you create on your website can then be shared on Social and in Email Marketing – giving you more bang for the effort you initially put in.